Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WELCOME!

ShayButter Sweeties
What we're about:
/Sharing meal plans
/Daily schedules
/Activities
/Baby pictures
/Anything else (:

In this blog I will share pictures of my son Aden Jaymes , his meal plans , schedules , outfits , mommy opinions , milestones , and much more (:

For the very first post I will tell a little about my son Aden and the labor experience.

Aden Jaymes Shay
/Born September 13th 4:01 am - Mercy Regional Hospital , Manhattan KS
/6 lbs 15 oz
/20 inches long

My Labor Experience. . .
September 12 - "supposed induce date" Woke up the morning of Sept. 12th with mild cramps. Thinking it was just braxton hicks I dealt with it throughout the day. I was scheduled to get induced that evening at 7pm anyways. As the day went on the cramps (which were real contractions) progressed , got closer together and more and more intense. By 6pm that evening I couldnt wait until 7 and decided to head to the hospital. We packed up and my husband Brady , mom Jillyn , little brother Carter and myself headed to the hospital. Upon arrival they took me and my husband to our room leaving my mom and brother in the waiting room. (Hospitals policy is no kids under the age of 12 in the mothers section of the hospital). Once we're there they give me a gown to dress in to and about 1.5 hours later they hook monitors to my belly , give me an iv and start me on patosin. I was dilated to a 2 and by 12 am I was to a 7. Around 10pm I couldnt take the contractions any longer and asked for an epidural. Boy did that hurt ! I definitely was not expecting that. But unlucky for me the epidural only lasted about an hour and no matter how many times I pushed the button my body would not accept it. I could feel the cold fluid from the if go down my back , so the button was working , my body was not. The anesthesiologist was in an emergency c-section at the time (no idea why she would be there) so she was unable to come and try to redo my epidural.  My water hadnt broke by then and when the nurse came to check me around 2am she accidentally broke it haha and asked me not to tell. That was the last time anyone came to check on me until Aden was crowning. (the hospital was super busy that night) During all this I was only able to text my mom keeping her updated sense my brother was not allowed in my room. It was about 3:45am when I could feel that Aden was crowning , I freaked out and told Brady to go get a nurse. The nurse comes it and checks and says "Youre about to have this baby ! You need to hold that baby in and wait for the doctor !" She runs out and gets all the nurses and my doctor. Brady called my mom and said Im about to have Aden and to find a way to get in here. So my mom yells crying at one of the ladies at the desk asking if she can have 5 minutes and they said yes. So my mom comes running in and says "Okay Kate , youve got 5 minutes!" (during all this I was feeling everything , with no epidural) All this commotion happened in what felt like just a minute. Next thing I new I was set up and pushing before the doc had everything ready. Then 1 push , a little snip , 2 push , another snip , 3 push and bammmm Aden was here. 5 minutes of pushing and the worst pain I have ever been through and my baby boy was finally here. The minute they placed Aden in my arms I was uncontrollably bawling. I have never felt so overcome with emotions. Here I was finally holding this little miracle I was waiting 9 months to see. With my husband and mom hovering over us we all stare at this little boy. My mom looks at me with tears in her eyes and whispers "Kate , look at his hair" She lifts up his little hat and there was a full head of blonde hair ! I was so surprised !  The nurse then takes Aden and cleans him up while the doc was sewing me up and then hands him to Brady. The love and joy I could see in his eyes when he first held his little boy was something I will never forget. I got to see him fall in love all over again. Brady handed Aden to my mom real quick and she held him for a minute and then had to go back to my little brother. Me and Brady sat in the birthing room for about a half hour with Aden and then he was taken off to the nursery for the night. We were moved to the recovery room and slept until about 10 that morning. As soon as I woke up I was ready to go get my son. I stood up and was overwhelmed by how much pain I was in. I hadnt received my pain meds yet. But I didnt care , I got up and walked to the nursery and got my son. I took him back to our room woke up Brady and just stared at him. I couldnt believe he was finally here ! He was wrapped in a swaddle blanket with a little white t shirt on and a brown fall hat. I took off his hat and just gaped at his blonde hair. Brady and I sat there just looking at this little angle for hours. (During this time I was finally given my meds). Later that day my mom came back and we snuck my brother Carter back to my room and he got to hold his nephew for the first time. Not long after the nurse came in and got mad and make them get out though lol. We spent the day staring at our son and taking in this wonderful event. The next day we were woken up to social services. . . Because I was 16 the hospital contacted them and a man came and talked to us. He asked if we were married and living together and who the baby was going to live with. If we took any drugs and what kind of environment he would be living in. Asked about our jobs and some other stuff. (I was so doped up I dont hardly remember) But still to this day Brady has not let that go. Anyways , to wrap up , we were able to leave the hospital that day and then our journey began.


No comments:

Post a Comment